We all love a road trip, am I right?? The excitement of getting in the car and heading far, far away from the yard work and the laundry. The very thought fills me with anticipation.
And then it hits me.
What am I going to wear?! Jeans? Sweats? The standard “Atlantic City track suit”?! (you might need to live in the northeast for that phrase to have meaning. Essentially, it is a track suit, normally of velour or some other equally odd fabric that all the little ladies wear on their bus trips to AC. But, as usual, I digress)
I am all of a sudden struck by the pressure (self induced, I’m certain) of what your rest stop or gas station neighbor is wearing. Don’t pretend you don’t know who I’m talking about. I’m talking about her:
You are in your comfy washed out sweat pants and your “I Lost My Ass in Vegas” t-shirt wiping Goldfish crumbs off yourself and you have to walk into WaWa next to someone dressed like they just came off the catwalk! It can really mess with your road trip confidence. 😠
Well, I’m going to help you out. I’ve put together a list of a few things you should avoid when traveling, and the I’m going to tell you how to be stylish AND comfortable while on the road. You’ll give the Highway Model a run for her money!
1. Heels. Please don’t wear them while traveling. I know more than one gal who has tripped in a parking lot trying to race to the bathroom at a rest area. Why not wear a pair of stylish flats and leave the heels for your destination.
2. Jeans. Ok. This one is negotiable depending on the length of your road trip, but once you are in the car for more than a few hours you cannot make me believe they do not start to become a bit uncomfortable in all the wrong places. 😖
3. PJ’s. Just don’t. I know you love your Winnie the Pooh matching jammies and I know that they’re comfortable, but you never know where a road trip will take you and you might find yourself in a situation where you are super UNcomfortable being in them.
I know you’re saying “GET TO STYLISH AND COMFORTABLE!” So here it is.
LuLaRoe. If you have never heard of them, you MUST check them out. They are a company that sells maxi skirts, dresses, casual tops and leggings. But they aren’t your boring black leggings-they are super fun! These leggings are an amazing way to be stylish AND comfy on the road! Pair them with a coordinating t-shirt or tank and a pair of cute flats and you just might show up Fancy Nancy in the restroom!
If you are wondering what to wear with your new, super fun leggings, look no further. Their Classic Tee is what you need! They are patterned or solid. They are roomy without being sloppy (you can now comfortably whack back the Big Gulp and not feel like you’re busting out of your shirt!) it hangs a bit longer in the back-which we all love. At least, I’m not interested in seeing the shape of anyone’s butt 😳.
They also have a Maxi skirt that would be a great piece for traveling if you felt you just HAD to wear a dress of some kind. Their maxi can be worn a dozen different ways (seriously, there are YouTube videos dedicated to this!) This is just 2 of the ways you can wear the Maxi. So you could wear it in the car with a tank or t-shirt and sandals, but also wear it on your trip by dressing it up! I saw a girl at a baseball game wearing a LuLaRoe Maxi as a strapless dress yesterday, and she looked cool, comfy and stylish! So, it really can be done!!
Ok. I’ll fess up. I am a bit biased, one of my dearest friends sells LuLaRoe and got me hooked on the comfort and versatility of the items. I will admit that at first I said, more than once, that I would never wear leggings with crazy things on the …but the Bigfoot leggings belong to me! 😂😂😂 They are my fav and I get a ton of compliments on them. I mean, how many people have BIGFOOT LEGGINGS?!? It’s an elite club because LLR (if you’re “in the know” you can call it LLR 😁) only makes 2,5oo of each print and then it’s gone!
🎉🎉Here’s the fun part🎉🎉:
Want to win a pair of leggings and a Classic Tee of your very own?! Just do this by August 1, 2016:
1. Follow my blog (Five Sandals Travel in case you forgot where you were!)
2. Join “Shop LuLaRoe With Meg Hayes” on Facebook. Here is the link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/shoplularoewithmeghayes/
3. Once you join, just make a quick post that says “I follow Five Sandals Travel” and you’ll be entered to win!
So, if you have a road trip coming up-or even if you don’t-check out LuLaRoe so you can feel fantastic and comfy out there!