I want to write that again….if you travel with kids on road trips, you will thank me for this tip. I am positive of that. If you don’t find it helpful, then I will find myself questioning everything my life has been about. 😂
We have 3 kids and when we travel, we travel. By that, I mean we’re a bit insane (according to our friends 🙄). We drive straight through from Upstae NY to South Florida without stopping. (Well, we stop to use the bathroom 😬) We spend up to 22 hours in the car this often has us eating in the car. I’m certain I do not have to tell you that 3 kids eating in the car can very quickly make the inside of your vehicle look like the local land fill. Not to be forgotten in this scenario is spilled drinks while they are all screwing around (all the while insisting that they aren’t 😒). During hour 4 this scenario is manageable. During hour 14 (and every hour after that), this scenario has me considering stuffing myself into our car top carrier where it is quiet!
I came across these little basket things at The Dollar Tree (I just ❤️❤️❤️ that store!) a couple of years ago and picked them up. We’ve been using them for various things ever since!
Feast your 👀 on this:
There are so many great things about this basket.
1. Can you see how it fits over our armrest on the captain’s seat?
2. It has a spot for a cup. It will hold plastic cups from our house or cups from most any restaurant
3. The frog (sorry… My pictures reflect my life!) is sitting in an area that will hold a sub, hamburger, pretty much any kind of food.
4. The little section next to the cup will hold fries, chips, apple slices, you name it.
5. They come in different colors so there is no question about which basket belongs to which little person (we still did an initial because a certain mommy couldn’t seem to remember 😳)
The baskets also stack for easy storage. I’m all about easy, clean storage!
BONUS TRAVEL TIP:
These also work great to hold crayons or other items to keep your kids busy on the road!
BONUS NON TRAVEL TIP:
These would also be great if you have a sick kid (or husband 😉) at home. You could set them up with this cup of ice or ginger ale, crackers, busy items, etc.
I’m pretty sure they are out in the stores now. Do not walk-run to your local Dollar Tree and grab some!